StanfordWho, formerly known as Stanford People and Organization Search, is the web application that allows you to search the Stanford directory of faculty, staff, students and sponsored affiliates at Stanford University and the Stanford hospitals to view contact and organization information. StanfordWho displays both a public directory and a restricted Stanford/Affiliates view. You must be logged in with your SUNet ID to search in the Stanford/Affiliates view.
The Stanford/Affiliates view of StanfordWho has a new display, features and functionality.
Some enhancements include:
- Visibility into your role and department in the organization. Your department(s) appears on your profile, and you see associated departments of anyone you look up in the directory. You can also click on the org chart icon and explore an interactive organization chart.
- The ability to search the Stanford directory by keyword topics. This allows you to search for Stanford colleagues by area of work or specialty.
- Your visible ID card or Stanford Profiles (Community Academic Profiles, or CAP) photo. For those who do not have a visible photo, you will see a Stanford stock image.
- Discover the correct pronunciations of others' names. If a person has created a recording, you can click “Hear my name” under the profile image to listen to the individual's name pronunciation.
Note: The web interface view is described on this page. The mobile view interface looks slightly different but has the same features.
- How to use the StanfordWho profile interface in the Stanford/Affiliates view
When you search the Stanford/Affiliates view of StanfordWho, you will see the following information in each profile interface:
- Stanford ID card or Stanford Profile photo or Stanford stock photo. Displays visible Stanford ID card photos or photos on Stanford Profiles (Community Academic Profiles, or CAP). For those who do not have visible photos, you will see a Stanford stock image. Note: StanfordWho images are updated on a daily basis from Stanford Profiles. If you have changed your image visibility setting in StanfordYou or updated your Stanford ID photo or updated your photo in Stanford Profiles, the change will automatically be reflected in StanfordWho with the next update.
- Contact information. Displays preferred contact information. Note: A lock icon indicates information that is only visible to you.
- Stanford Profiles link. Navigates you to Stanford Profile page for the person you are viewing.
- Department quick link. Navigates you to the people listing within that department.
- My Profile link. Opens a menu with options to view your profile, edit your directory information, or log out. "Edit My Directory Information" will send you to StanfordYou where you can change what you would like to be listed in both the public and Stanford views.
- Org chart. Select this to explore an interactive organization chart.
- People Directory. Navigates you to the top level Stanford directory where you use filters to search.
- Departments. Opens a menu listing of Stanford departments. You can search the list of departments without navigating away from the profile page. Once you click a department, you'll be directed to the people listing from within that department.
- Search. Search for someone by entering their name, email, SUNet ID, department, title, or other keywords.
- Discover the correct pronunciations of others' names. If an individual has recorded their name pronunciation, a sound icon will appear with a link “Hear my name.” Click the link to hear a recording of the person's name.
StanfordWho profile screen:
- How to use the StanfordWho directory interface in the Stanford/Affiliates view
When you select Directory in the top navigation, you will see a list of people based on the category or filter settings in the left side bar.
This screen includes:
- Search filters (e.g., first and last name, SUNet ID, email, department, role).
- Directory listing displaying name, title and Stanford ID photo (if available)
- Contact information (e.g., work email, SUNet ID, work phone, and mobile phone)
- My Profile menu with options to view your profile, edit your directory information, or log out. "Edit My Directory Information" will send you to StanfordYou where you can change what you would like to be listed in both the public and Stanford views.
- Get help
- If you need assistance with using StanfordWho, please submit a Help ticket.