Google carefully documents how to use Team Drives. Below are some links that you might find useful.
Logging in to Google Team Drive
- Go to webdocs.stanford.edu.
- On Stanford's web authentication page, enter your SUNet ID and password and then click Login.
- The list of your Google Drive documents displays.
- In the left navigation bar, just below My Drive, you will see Team Drives. Click on Team Drives.
- The list of your Google Team Drives displays.
- If you do not see Team Drives in the navigation bar, then you have not been added to the membership of any Team Drives.
- Click on any of the drives in the list.
- The list of documents in the selected Team Drive displays.
Sync and stream files
You can use Google Drive File Stream to stream Team Drive files directly from the cloud. This desktop application allows you to open and edit most document types directly out of Drive File Stream without having to download the file onto your computer. When you make edits to the file, the changes are automatically saved in My Drive.
Use Team Drive
- Add Files and Folders - Learn how to create folders and add and open files.
- Organize Files - Find instructions for how to move, delete, restore, and search for files.
- Share and Collaborate - Share files with people who are not part of the designated team.
- Migrate Files to a Team Drive - Follow these instructions to properly move files from My Drive to a Team Drive.
- Sync and stream files - Use Google Team Drive.