The Business Operations Owner provides support to end-users of the service. It is a role primarily found in services offered by Enterprise Systems and is typically found in an organization other than the one providing the technology and/or the service. This role differs from that of the Technical Operations Owner, whose sole focus is the support and maintenance of the underlying service technology.
What does a Business Operations Owner do?
The Business Operations Owner is the person with the strongest functional knowledge of the service. They interact more frequently with clients than do Technical Operations Owners, answering service questions and serving as the interface with the vendor on service-related issues.
What are the general responsibilities of a Business Operations Owner?
- Answers questions about the service and ensures functional adherence to compliance requirements
- Ensures that service processes and procedures are followed
- Makes changes to the service configuration
- Adds or removes users from within the application
- Develops and maintains end-user support documentation, including knowledge articles
What ServiceNow tasks is the Business Operations Owner responsible for?
|Task||Why it matters|
|You manage and monitor the queue of incidents and requests assigned to your group. You are notified of Major (Priority 1 & 2) incidents and participate in the “Open Bridge”.||As the person with the greatest knowledge of the service, the Business Operations Owner is best placed to coordinate problem resolution and implement the corrective action.|
- Change Management: The process responsible for controlling the lifecycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services.
- Incident Management: An incident is an unplanned interruption or reduction in quality of an IT service. Incident management is the process responsible for managing the lifecycle of all incidents. Incident management ensures that normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible and the business impact is minimized.