Running our operation with excellence is a prerequisite for delivering our core services, while enabling us to be both bold and innovative.
To that end, we will:
- Structure our organization to consolidate and optimize technology specialization at scale.
- Expand and deepen UIT shared processes in support of improved organizational alignment and consistency.
- Demonstrate transparency by providing full visibility into service metrics, project activity, and governance outcomes.
- Advance a vendor management and preferred partner strategy that establishes regular balanced scorecard reviews of vendors.
- Deploy and adhere to industry-leading technology and support frameworks that have been appropriately adapted to Stanford’s needs.
- Be intentional when deciding which technologies are best centralized versus distributed.
- Advance university-wide data governance best practices that enable community input while providing transparency and accountability.
- Design, deploy, and evangelize business continuity approaches that meaningfully balance cost and risk mitigation.