Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes through the Spring Quarter will be held online.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Go beyond the basics of Smartsheet as this class covers the essentials of managing your work. Discover how to customize a form, create various reports, linked sheets to share with stakeholders, and building a Dashboard with customizable widgets.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Use the collaboration suite of tools to keep tasks on track
- Create formulas to increase automation and productivity
- Know when to best utilization cell linking vs reporting
- Use Forms to gather information
- Create Dashboards to display key metrics from active projects
Topics Covered Includes:
- Cell Linking & Formula
- Cell Link data
- Perform Calculations with linked data
- Creating New Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Editing Existing Reports
- Optimizing the Intake Sheet
- Creating a New Form
- Distributing a Form
- Editing/Cloning Forms
- Creating Dashboards
- Review all 8 widgets
- Widget organization
- Sharing Dashboards
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.