Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This session covers a streamlined way to track project budgets and compare against actual expenses, so no details are missed.
Prerequisite: Some experience in Excel or Smartsheet
In this session, you will have the opportunity to learn best practices on working with your project budget and actual expenses, along with adding an approval status of each line item, with all information in a central location.
Topics covered include:
- Formulas to help working with your budget and actuals
- Setting up an automated approval workflow
- Best practices for sharing your financial sheets
- Working with attaching supporting documentation
- Setting up an Index Match to quickly return information from a different vendor / budget sheet
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.