Learn best practices of using Google Shared Drive at Stanford to facilitate collaboration within your group, and have a central location for all documentation.
Note: This is a workshop. A laptop is required. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in borrowing a laptop for this workshop.
Key topics covered:
Google Shared drives
- Logging in -- the basics
- Uploading and managing files and folders
- Managing permissions with files and folders to assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Collaborating with documents
- Assigning tasks within documents
- Best security practices
- Tips and tricks on using Google File Stream for your desktop
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity
What you will be able to do as a result:
- Create, upload, download, and export documents
- Manage permissions of files and folders
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Collaborate more efficiently with others in your group
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.