In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Discover the skills required for outstanding digital photos, explore the latest technologies (hardware/camera and software/Photoshop) to help create professional-looking photos.
A great photo will add significant value to any communication project -- yet getting that perfect photo can be a significant challenge. We often find ourselves searching endless photo libraries of un-useable options, spending hundreds of dollars for a high-end stock photo, or stressing about copyrights of images found online.
Imagine grabbing your smartphone or DSLR camera, stepping out of the office, and getting the perfect photo for all your communication needs.
We will cover the entire digital process from start to finish, to get the right image for your project. Part of our day will be spent focusing on the fundamentals of photography on an outdoor photoshoot, with either a regular camera or the camera on your smartphone. We will complete the process with the most useful post-production techniques on your own photos.
- You must provide your own camera
- Adobe LightRoom is not covered in this class
- Smart devices are fine for class (phones or tablets)
Topics & Activities
- How to take a photograph in manual mode
- Photography basics, composition, rules of thirds, lighting, vantage, and viewpoints
- Post-production methods utilizing Adobe Photoshop
- Techniques include cropping, adjustment of layers, and saving files in either PSD and JPG form
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.