Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
- August - September Workshop Schedule: One day per week for 5 consecutive weeks (August 26 - September 23) - Registration Open
The PMP certification is offered by the Project Management Institute, the world's leading association for those who consider project, program, or portfolio management their profession. This course reviews the topics and questions covered on the exam.
A PMP certificate can play an important role when it comes to salary and earning potential. Becoming a member of PMI and having PMP next to your title connects you to a community of professionals, organizations, and experts worldwide.
This course is designed to review the content of the PMBOK guide and help participants to prepare and successfully complete their PMI certification exam. The course employs a highly interactive format to discuss the various topics and types of questions covered on the exam. These will include definitions, key terms, formulas, situational questions, interpretations and ethical decisions.
The course is offered in two different schedule formats:
1. Once per week for a five-week period
2. Five consecutive days (Mon-Fri)
Workshop Will Include:
- Comprehensive 500-page study guide includes practice exam
- Online sample exam questions
- An Initial Readiness Pre-assessment
- Certificate of completion for 35 hours of training
- A PDF copy of the PMBOK Guide 6th edition
- Digital Flashcards for Key Terms and Concepts
- Study guides and visual diagrams for key process knowledge areas
- Structured group activities and exercises
- Tips & strategies for study and exam prep
- Breakfast pastries and lunch for all workshop days!
PMBOK Guide Topics include:
2. The Environment in Which Projects Operate
3. The Role of the Project Manager
4. Project Integration Management
5. Project Scope Management
6. Project Schedule Management
7. Project Cost Management
8. Project Quality Management
9. Project Resource Management
10. Project Communications Management
11. Project Risk Management
12. Project Procurement Management
13. Project Stakeholder Management
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.