Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is a professional certification intended for new and aspiring project managers who are looking to develop their project management skills and expand their knowledge of the field.
Effective Project management is a vital skill for many professionals seeking to enhance their skills and advance their careers.
This certification is considered as a positive step and a solid stepping stone towards PMI's coveted PMP certification. The CAPM is designed to help those with little or modest project management experience to gain more knowledge, further develop their project management skills, and ultimately acquire the PMP certification.
The CAPM certification requirements and exam are not as demanding as those of the PMP. This training workshop discusses the topics and materials required to successfully complete and pass the CAPM exam. The workshop also satisfies the required 23 contact hours of project management education necessary to take the exam.
Workshop will provide:
- Instructor-led presentations
- Handouts and course materials
- Individual and group activities
- Online preassessment
- 23 contact hours (required for CAPM exam)
- Digital flash cards for key terms and vocabulary references
- Review of sample exam questions
- Lifetime subscription of question bank to be used on mobile phone as well as desktop computer
Workshop Topic Outline
- Introduction to PMBOK
- Project Management Framework
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.