In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Are you moving from Box to Google Drive? This class covers what you need to know when making the transition, including the differences between the two tools when it comes to creating and sharing, and an overview of the features of Google Drive.
- Discuss the differences between Box and Google Drive
- Identify tools and tips for moving files and folders from Box to Google Drive
- Best practices for sharing and organizing data in Google Drive
Topics covered include:
Box vs. Google Drive
- Primary differences
- Tips for moving and organizing data with Box Drive and Google Drive for Desktop
Google Drive Basics
- Methods of access
- Basic Operations (Upload, Create, Search)
- Priority (quick file access)
- Shared With Me / Recents
- Managing data
- Roles in a Shared Drive
- Difference from MyDrive
- Collaboration best practices (Workgroups vs. individuals)
- File naming
- Best practices or guiding principles
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.