Learn powerful techniques in Word. Topics include demonstrations of tips and shortcuts, formatting styles, tables, templates, and styles.
- Document manipulation and formatting: Ranging from dozens of navigation and formatting tips and shortcuts, to introducing the powerful concept of formatting styles, to working with headers and footers, and using bookmarks and hyperlinks.
- Data presentation: Creating tables, charts, and diagrams from within Word, as well as importing them from other applications such as Excel. Using pictures and clip art. Automatically generating table of contents and indexes.
- Collaboration: Enabling multiple users to review and edit documents. Sending documents for review. Merging changed documents. Tracking changes, reviewing changes, and accepting or rejecting changes.
- Efficiency: Using templates and styles to reuse documents, and to set standards and ensure consistency. This includes shortcuts and tips that can be applied on a daily basis.
What will you be able to do as a result of taking this webinar:
- Save significant time in creating and managing your documents
- Discover new ways in which you can use Word to help you achieve your objectives
- Manipulate and present your data to better serve your audiences
- Collaborate with others by sharing documents and tracking changes
- Apply dozens of shortcuts and techniques in your everyday work
Note: After registering for this online class, you will receive instructions from GotoWebinar directly. (Make sure the emails you receive from them do not end up in your SPAM filter.)
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.