Most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
Imagine being able to quickly transform datasets in Excel without performing tedious tasks or using complex formulas. Learn how to do this with Excel Power Query and finally take control of your data by quickly whipping it into any shape you choose.
Important: This functionality is not available in Excel for Mac. It is exclusive to MS Office on Windows.
Excel's Business Intelligence (BI) tools have significantly enhanced the power of Excel and taken the business world by a storm. These incredible new Excel BI tools include two major sets of tools:
- A. Get and Transform Tools
- B. Power Query Tools
The Get and Transform tools are designed to help you quickly and easily import data, clean and restructure your data for further analysis.
Power Pivot functions offer a wide array of analysis and reporting capabilities, which provide flexibility and efficiency for preparing useful, practical and actionable reports from your data. In addition, you will also gain relational-database functionality within your Excel worksheets.
Set yourself apart from the pack, take your Excel skills to the next level and immediately make a dramatic difference in your work. Gain a tangible breakthrough in your efficiency and productivity. You may actually save up to 90 percent of the time you currently waste on unnecessary, repetitive Excel tasks.
The best part -- these functions are readily available -- right at your fingertips -- hiding in plain sight in Excel.
- Discover the best techniques to import data into Excel from ANY source.
- Get step by step instructions on how to clean and transform data very quickly -- without endless copy-pasting or using complex formulas.
- Discover ways to combine data from any number of sources into one clean, robust, easy-to-work-with, uptodate dataset -- even if the source data changes frequently.
- How to fix almost any problem you may encounter with dates and then extract almost any conceivable date-related information you want, such as year, quarter, fiscal quarter, academic quarter, month, weekday, and more. (This is crucial for successful time intelligence.)
- Tips to design a perfect data management and transformation workflow and then apply it to new datasets with a simple click on the "Refresh" button. (This is much simpler but way more effective and fail-proof than using macros.)
- The most flexible techniques to split, combine, merge columns, as well as create calculated columns.
- How to create columns by simply providing an example of what you want to get.
- How to eliminate routine, repetitive maintenance tasks from your daily data-management Excel work, so you can focus on what's truly important.
- Several extremely effective ways to lookup and merge data from multiple datasets without VLOOKUP.
- How to handle huge datasets that are bigger than Excel itself. (You will learn how to work with dozens or even hundreds of millions of records in Excel.
If you have not learned how to take advantage of Power Query, you are missing out on some amazing opportunities to improve your everyday workflow and eliminate routine, repetitive tasks, so you can stop wasting time and make your time spent in Excel much more fulfilling and satisfying.