Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Discover how Excel conditional formatting can turn boring spreadsheets into visually vibrant, dynamic storytellers that magically adapt to your data, without tedious reformatting, and make what's important literally jump at you from the screen.
Do you ever waste valuable time desperately looking for that important number in that Excel spreadsheet of yours?
Wouldn't it be nice if that important number could magically change color and "jump out at you" from the computer screen?
Guess what! You can do it!
As you'll discover in this class, Excel conditional formatting can breathe life into your spreadsheets and give them an amazing chameleon-like ability to adapt and transform format and colors automatically. So you can instantly spot the data you need without wasting valuable time (or straining your eyes).
This hands-on training reveals the amazing power hidden inside Excel's conditional formatting and how you can tap it to convert dry, boring spreadsheets into vibrant, dynamic, visually-pleasing storytellers.
Here's a fraction of what you should expect from this fun half-day session:
- Discover how Excel's conditional formatting can enhance your creativity and help produce beautiful, dynamically colored spreadsheets that visually adapt to changes without constant reformatting
- Highlight what you want in your spreadsheets automatically with contents-based conditional formatting rules
- Zero in on important dates quickly by automatically highlighting them with conditional formatting
- Discover how to use conditional formatting to instantly reveal duplicate data
- Give your spreadsheets a visual boost with range-based conditional formatting rules. Like, data bars, icon sets, and color scales
- Setup custom conditional-formatting rules for your specific use cases to dynamically highlight what's important for your Excel workflow
- Create powerful formula-based conditional formatting rules to keep close tabs on your constantly changing data. Plus, flexible formatting of cells based on content in other cells
- Little-known technique to use VLOOKUP in conditional formatting for flexible data formatting and presentation
- And so much more!
Basic Excel experience
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.