Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This training course will help you to learn the practical aspects of the R programming language. Hands-on labs will allow attendees to immediately apply their theoretical knowledge in practice. R has various packages covering a wide range of topics such as econometrics, finance, and time series. R has best-in-class tools for visualization, reporting, and interactivity, which are as important to business as they are to science. R is well-suited for scientists, engineers, and business professionals.
Prerequisite: Basic understanding of programming, data structures, and functions.
Course Topics Include:
- What is R?
- Introduction to Functional Programming with R
- Managing Your Environment
- R-Type System & Structures
- Extending R
- Read-Write & Import-Export Operations in R
- Statistical Computing Features in R
- Data Manipulation & Transformation in R
- Data Visualization in R
- Using R Efficiently
- Lab Exercises
During and at the end of each session, hands-on exercises will be practiced to:
- Building data frames, selecting specific rows and columns, adding columns, and applying functions on columns that contain date values
- Downloading public data into R, applying manipulation functions on data records, and summarizing insights from data
- Merging datasets by foreign keys, reshaping datasets, selecting random samples from data-frames, and aggregating columns by other columns.
- Creating different data visualizations and saving them in different formats.