Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Do you want to learn how to create compelling designs that attract an audience to your event? You will learn how to recognize and apply best design practices so that the visual components of your event promotion will be effective.
Create visually effective designs to convey your subject matter and connect with your audience by learning and applying best typography and design practices. These best practices will be key takeaways from this class. The course is an introduction to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. It will also cover the basic principles of graphic design.
By the end of this class, participants will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Design visually effective promotional materials
- Understand basic design concepts
- Apply learned design concepts with step-by-step instructions in Illustrator and Photoshop to create your own Poster and Social Media Graphic
Design Concepts Covered:
- Design process: research/brainstorming/sketching, comps, design
- Elements of Graphic Design: hierarchy, emphasis, rhythm, movement, contrast, color, balance, proportion/scale
- Typographic composition: size, scale, weights, placement
- Font selection: serif, sans-serif, subject, theme, emotion
- Working with images: image file preparation, placement
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop: step-by-step learning to create the designs
- Technical: file-preparation, printing, social media
- Brief History of Poster / Graphic / Social Media design
- Elements of Graphic Design
- Principles of Typography: best practices, leading, kerning
- Adobe Illustrator: setting up documents, type tool, using layers, color modes and swatches, working with images, file preparation for production and posting online
Requirements: Installation of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop on your computer, or a free trial license