Learn about web analytics options, including onsite, offsite, server-based, and client-based options. Understand the advantages and disadvantages of each and see where Google Analytics fits.
- Ability to read charts and graphs
- Some Excel knowledge is helpful, but not required
In this class, get started with:
- Learning the fundamentals of web analytics and an overview of Google Analytics basic features
- Understanding the differences between Google Analytics Standard and Google Analytics Premium
- Creating a Google Analytics Account
- Exploring the differences between Universal Analytics and Classic Analytics
- Understanding and configuring Data-Sharing settings
- Tagging your pages with GATC (Google Analytics Tracking Code)
Other topics include:
Managing Google Analytics Accounts
With a Google Analytics Account created and GATC tracking your websites, we move on to configuring your Google Analytics account to customize your Google Analytics account.
Configuring Goals, Funnels, and Filters
Now that your Google Analytics account is created, configured and collecting valuable data, it is time to leverage the more advanced features of Google Analytics. Tap into the power of Google Analytics!
Monitoring, Dashboards, and Alerting
With goals, funnels, and filters in place, we can now use the analytics power in Google Analytics by viewing and analyzing the reports and information collected.
Analyzing Website Traffic
Truly understanding your website traffic with deep data analysis using Google Analytics easy-to-use reporting features. In this section, we will show you how to access, view, and configure audience and traffic reports to gain insights into how users interact with your website.
Analyzing Behavior and Conversions
Measure the monetary success of your website by tracking goals and e-commerce transactions with behavioral and conversion reports.