Learn about the rise of Cloud Computing, along with an introduction to various service models on Cloud such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. The class provides a comparison of popular offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
In this course, you will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about the history and background of Cloud Computing
- Discover Cloud Computing including examples of real-world problems
- Learn about the pricing models for Cloud Computing
- Understand the advantages of cloud offerings compared to on-premise
- Understand the various Service models on Cloud as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Learn about popular cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud computing
- Understand the various Services in AWS like Storage, Infrastructure, Compute, Data, etc.
- Set up an account on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understand the pricing models on AWS Cloud
- Understand security implications on AWS
- Perform hands-on activity on Storage S3 on AWS
- Perform hands-on activity on Compute EC2 on AWS
- Course Introduction
- History and background of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Use cases and patterns
- Service Models on Cloud
- Secret Sauce of Cloud Computing
- Comparison of Cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud computing
- Understand various Services on Cloud
- Explain the key characteristics of Cloud-like On-demand service, horizontal scalability, pay as you go, etc.
- Understand pricing models on Cloud
- Hands-on exercise 1: Set up an account on Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on exercise 2: Create S3 storage service
- Hands-on exercise 3: Create EC2 instance on AWS
- Hands-on exercise 4: Create IAM Security setup on AWS
- References and next steps
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.