Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
PowerPoint and Camtasia can both be used effectively together to produce instructional presentations and videos. This course covers how to integrate these two applications to add audio/video and sound sync to produce a stand-alone presentation.
Topics covered will include:
- Writing scripts for presentation and videos – Reviewing actual examples and downloading templates
- Downloading graphics, artwork, photos, and sounds for presentation. Learn open sources for obtaining content for your presentation.
- The do’s and don’ts of preparing PowerPoint files for screen recording.
- Learning the type of equipment that will make your presentation stand out.
- Recording audio on your computer
- Recording PowerPoint presentations in Camtasia.
- Editing presentations in Camtasia, including: Adding graphics, sound effects, text, photos, annotations, and music.
- Adding Subtitles or Close Captions to Presentations in Camtasia and YouTube.
- Exporting presentations for a website, Camtasia screencast, or YouTube. There are several different formats that can be exported in Camtasia. We will cover each format and the benefits of why you should use one over another.
- Saving files for backup and storage.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.