Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
Learn how to edit videos with iMovie. Begin to develop the value skills of production to produce creative video projects for your department, family, blog, or YouTube channel -- fast.
An invaluable skill in work and play is to be able to take raw video footage and weave it into a great, impactful video. Editing videos for work or for personal reasons and social media is not only easier than you think -- it's quite fun!
This course will introduce you to movie formats, collecting and storing your video footage, planning and storyboarding your video, weaving it all together with a flowing storyline, strong edits and transitions, adding titles, text and still shots, and nailing that final shot! We'll also go over cinematic tricks available in newer iPhone models to make your video look even more professional.
Prerequisite: iPhone or Android phone capable of recording up to two minutes of video, and computer (NOT phone) access to iMovie software on which you will be making your edits. You can bring your own video footage to the class to edit, or stock video footage can be provided for you.
The goal is to achieve a basic knowledge of video uploading, editing, and exporting techniques for different outcomes (social media, etc.), using iMovie software, tools, assets, and templates.
- Learning file types, formats, and compression tools for video
- Organizing your assets for creating videos
- Becoming comfortable with the "timeline" interface for video editing
- Mastering the basic cut, trim, and transition tools techniques
- Layering sound and adding titles to your video
- Learning how to export your video for sharing and social media
- Video formats
- Storage and uploading of video footage
- Planning and storyboarding your video
- Video shooting tips and Cinema mode on the iPhone