Become more comfortable with the features and functionality of Google Docs & Drive. Learn to create and manage Google Docs, and best practices for managing cloud-based files including publishing, sharing, and changing file permissions.
Key topics covered:
- Intro to Google Docs Files: Creating, uploading, and organizing folders, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- Formatting and Formulas: Learning basic and advanced tricks to format content within documents and analyze data using formulas within spreadsheets.
- Presentations and Forms: Building dynamic presentations and forms that can be shared from a local device or computer, published to the web, or embedded in a website.
- Document Collaboration: Learning how to share and collaborate on documents simultaneously with users within and outside of your organization.
- Google Drive Apps: Download, install and use Google Drive applications to access, edit, and sync files across devices.
What you will be able to do as a result:
- Create, upload, download, export, and publish documents, spreadsheets, forms, and presentations
- Format content and manipulate data within files
- Build custom forms, then collect and analyze response data with filters, formulas, and charts
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline
- Manage permissions of files and folders and assign viewing, editing, and commenting rights
- Design and maintain an organized, cloud-based file structure to increase team productivity
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.