Learn powerful techniques in Excel. Topics include demonstrations of data manipulation, validation rules, conditional formatting, templates, styles, and PivotTables.
- Data manipulation: Managing budgets and projections, as well as handling large lists of data. Basic and advanced formulas, 3-D ranges, sorting and filtering techniques, database functions, and several other features are covered.
- Data presentation: Using the powerful analysis and reporting tools, such as PivotTables to extract important information, and present it appropriately to various audiences.
- Data entry and validation: Using Excel's ability to gather and validate data when applicable. This includes validation rules and conditional formatting.
- Collaboration: Enabling multiple users to review and edit workbooks by sharing them on the network or via e-mail. Protecting sheets or cells within a sheet to ensure data integrity and confidentiality. Tracking changes, reviewing changes, and accepting changes.
- Efficiency: Using templates and styles to reuse worksheets, and to set standards and ensure consistency. This also includes dozens of shortcuts and tips that can be applied on a daily basis.
What will you be able to do as a result of taking this live online class?
- Save significant time in creating and managing your workbooks
- Discover new ways in which you can use Excel to help you achieve your objectives
- Analyze and present your data to better serve your audiences
- Collaborate with others by sharing workbooks and tracking changes
- Apply dozens of shortcuts and techniques in your everyday work
Note: After registering for this class, you will receive instructions from GotoWebinar directly. (Make sure the emails you receive from them do not end up in your SPAM filter).
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.