Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes through the Spring Quarter will be held online.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
One of the most important tools for analyzing data in Excel is the Pivot Table. Using pivot tables and the other data tools in Excel has become essential. Learn how to use these tools and features, as well as the best practices for analyzing data.
In this class, learn about searching filters, workbook management tools, "sparklines", slicers, conditional formatting, sorting, filters, advanced filters, pivot charts, custom lists, and much more. This course will help you leverage all Excel can do for you and your data.
- Best practices for how to manipulate and analyze data in Excel
- Workbook management tools
- Use the Sparklines tool
- Work with Slicers
- Create conditional formatting
- Sort data and perform Advanced and Custom Sorts
- Work with Filters and Advanced Filter
- Create Subtotals
- Create and Manipulate Pivot Tables
- Generate a Pivot Chart
- Use text-based functions to clean up data
- Work with Data Validation
- Import Data from other sources
- Consolidate Data from multiple locations
Basic Excel experience
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.