Important -- Please read before you enroll
Drop policy: Drops more than 15 calendar days prior to the class will incur a $40 fee. Any drop less than 15 calendar days will incur the full course fee
Note: After enrolling, you will receive an email from Global Knowledge with details on how to join the session.
Prerequisites: As long as you have basic knowledge in Excel, you will be able to succeed in this course.
In this live virtual class, you will learn how to manage data lists using Excel's most popular features.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create and use Excel tables, as well as add, edit, search for, and delete records in a data list using a form, as well as look up data.
- Sort records in a data list using a variety of methods
- Filter data in a list using a variety of methods, as well as work with filtered data
- Create and work with subtotaled lists, as well as use various database functions to summarize data
- Create, modify, and work with PivotTables, PivotCharts and Slicers
- Import external data from a variety of sources into Excel
Virtual Classroom Live Outline:
- Data List and Excel Table Concepts
- Using Data Forms
- Using Lookup Tables
- Sorting Concepts
- Sorting Lists
- Custom Sort Orders
- Filtering Concepts
- Using AutoFilter
- Using Advanced Filter
- Working with Filtered Data
- Automatic Subtotals
- Working with Subtotaled Lists
- Using Functions to Summarize Data
- PivotTable Concepts
- Creating PivotTables
- Modifying PivotTable Layouts
- Working with PivotTables
- External Data Concepts
- Importing Query Data from Access
- Importing Query Data from Web Pages
- Importing Query Data from Text Files
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.