Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
This class covers several key skills and concepts new Excel users should be without. Discover the crucial basics of Excel: how to create and format spreadsheets, how to use simple formulas and functions, and much more.
Topics covered include:
- How to create, save, and manage Excel workbooks.
- The most essential Excel shortcuts for you to use.
- How to create, rename, modify, and manage Excel worksheets.
- Two techniques to move or copy worksheets within and between workbooks.
- How and why to hide and unhide worksheets.
- The best practices to enter data in Excel.
- Intricacies of the fill-series tool to copy and fill data efficiently.
- The magic of the FlashFill command -- one of the simplest ways to transform data.
- Understand the power behind Excel formulas.
- Create simple formulas with standard arithmetic operators.
- Relative, absolute, and mixed cell references and why they are important for you to understand.
- Get started with Excel functions - understand their "anatomy" and why they are so powerful.
- Create formulas to summarize numbers with SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN functions.
- The subtle differences between COUNT, COUNTA, and COUNTBLANK functions.
- How to format your spreadsheets quickly and easily.
- Secrets of number formatting in Excel.
- How to use Search and Replace in Excel.
- Extremely useful tips and tricks to help you get more efficient and productive.
- And much more.
Participants should already have some exposure to Microsoft Office programs and should be comfortable using a computer. Ideally, participants will already be using Excel as part of their job.