Take a deep dive into the incredible world of Excel. Immerse your mind in everything it has to offer. This training is the ultimate boost for your Excel skills, and helps you quickly gain confidence and discover the ins and outs of this versatile tool.
In three short days of practical hands-on training, you can quickly become a knowledgeable, productive and efficient user of Excel and earn a Stanford Technology Training Certificate of Proficiency in Excel.*
Many Excel users never realize the power and flexibility of Excel; this boot camp offers an opportunity for Excel users to finally learn what they can truly accomplish with this powerful tool and earn a certificate to enhance their credentials.
This three-day training Bootcamp is an exceptional learning opportunity for Excel users who wish to become proficient and effective users of Excel.
Discover many of the powerful features built-in Excel and quickly build your skills and confidence with one of the most popular business tools, even if you've never used Excel before.
In this highly interactive training program, you will be doing actual Excel exercises and gaining valuable exposure to the most important areas of Excel. It is a great opportunity to grow your Excel skills, advance your awareness of what you can accomplish with spreadsheets and sharpen your analytical-thinking.
In-class training will focus on:
- Excel spreadsheet terminology, concepts, and interface for maximum office productivity
- Pro-level techniques to create spreadsheets, navigate, enter and copy data in Excel
- How to format spreadsheets quickly and easily
- The magic of Excel formulas - to calculate and transform data
- Immerse yourself into the incredible universe of the most important Excel functions that every serious Excel user like you must know
- Create and manage Excel charts - to visually communicate the important information hidden in your data
- Make your spreadsheets visually pleasing and dynamic with conditional formatting
- Get comfortable with Pivot Tables -- the gold standard of data analysis -- to quickly prepare dynamic and flexible reports that you can update automatically
- Discover the latest Business Intelligence capabilities that help you get, transform, and analyze your information with maximum efficiency in minimum time
- How to import, convert, filter, sort, extract and export lists of data
- The most powerful secret shortcuts to maximum productivity and ergonomics
- And so much more...
Consider this course as your fast track method to quickly become confident in Microsoft Excel and elevate your productivity and problem-solving skills to a higher level.
- Understand Excel spreadsheets and terminology
- Get comfortable with Excel's user interface
- The best techniques to enter and navigate excel data
- Create, rename, copy, navigate and delete sheets
- How Excel treats text, numbers, and dates in Excel
- How to use the fill handle (the fill-series command)
- Take advantage of the smart tags
- Copying and pasting in Excel
- Introduction to formulas and functions
- Direct cell references in Excel formulas (relative, absolute, mixed)
- How to use the AutoSum
- Two ways to insert functions in formulas
- Summary functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK
- The auto-calculate feature
- Basic text functions: UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, TRIM
- How to parse text with formulas (LEFT, RIGHT, MID, SEARCH, FIND functions)
- How to concatenate data (& and CONCATENATE)
- Using the Text-to-columns feature
- Perform conditional operations by using functions (IF, SUMIF(S), AVERAGEIF(S), COUNTIF(S)
- Date and time functions (TODAY, NOW, MONTH, YEAR, DAY, DATEDIF)
- Lookup and reference functions (VLOOKUP)
- Create And manage Excel Charts
- Chart concepts and terminology
- The anatomy of a chart
- Chart types
- Chart elements
- Chart styling
- Create, Use And Manage Named Ranges
- Create And Use Excel Tables
- What are Excel tables and their behavior
- How to create Excel tables
- Excel tables - options
- Formulas and structured references
- Sort And Filter Datasets
- Basic sort and filter
- Advanced filters
- Pivot Tables And Pivot Charts
- Anatomy of a pivot table
- How to create pivot tables
- How to modify and manage pivot table reports
- Excel Business Intelligence Tools
- Power Query
- Data Modelling
- Power Pivot
- Excel workflow best practices
*Successfully complete the required exam and earn your Stanford Technology Training Excel Proficiency Certification.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.