This live online class is designed for individuals who wish to gain a foundational understanding of the Smartsheet collaborative environment, and then explore automated alerts and actions, reporting, forms, and dashboards.
Audience: This class is for new and intermediate Smartsheet users
Note: After reserving your spot, you will receive instructions on how to join the live online class via email prior to the day of the class.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Create and Update Sheets
- Navigate Smartsheet
- Identify Column Types
- Create Hierarchies
- Add Attachments & Comments to Rows and Sheets
- Use the collaboration suite of tools to keep tasks on tack
- Create formulas to increase automation and productivity
- Know when to best utilization cell linking vs reporting
- Use Forms to gather information
- Create Dashboards to display key metrics from active projects
This interactive class will go beyond the basics to cover the essentials of managing work in Smartsheet. You'll be introduced to automated alerts and actions, cell linking, reporting, forms, and dashboards. You'll explore the different Smartsheet views and how these views can maximize engagement and organization.
You'll also find out more about the many ways to collaborate inside of Smartsheet through sharing, sending, publishing, and update requests to internal and external collaborators.
Discover how Smartsheets can help increase work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for planning, organizing, managing, reporting, and automating work.
Topics covered includes:
- Creating New Work
- Leveraging Smart Columns
- Adding Hierarchies
- Centralizing Attachments and Comments
- Using Conditional Formatting
- Organizing Your Work
- Sharing Sheets
- Sending Update Requests
- Exporting Your Sheets
- Tracking Changes
- Visualizing Your Work
- Card View
- Calendar View
- Gantt View (Project Management Settings)
Cell Linking & Formula
- Cell Link data
- Perform Calculations with linked data
- Creating New Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Editing Existing Reports
- Optimizing the Intake Sheet
- Creating a New Form
- Distributing a Form
- Editing/Cloning Forms
- Creating Dashboards
- Review all 8 widgets
- Widget organization
- Sharing Dashboards
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.