In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course will give participants an introduction to app development on Apple platforms with a focus on mobile. Participants will learn about Swift, Xcode, and various technologies that enable developers to solve problems with apps.
- An updated MacBook or iMac (macOS version 10.15 or later)
- A personal Apple ID and knowledge of the password
- The latest version of the following macOS apps: Xcode, Keynote, and Books
- Overview of App Development on Apple Platforms
- Meet the Swift programming language
- Meet Xcode - The powerful IDE to build apps
- Use Xcode Playgrounds to learn concepts and play with ideas
- Build iOS apps with multiple technologies
- Learn how to use UIKit to construct and manage UI
- Discover SwiftUI, a new UI framework to design reactive cross-platform apps
- Using a design cycle to turn ideas into apps
- Explore options for deploying your app to the world
- Examine Apple’s free resources to continue learning
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.