Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Discover the true power of Microsoft Outlook. Boost your productivity when managing your time and email with this popular tool. Learn tips and tricks of Outlook scheduling and communication workflow.
If you use Outlook email and calendar, chances are that you spend an incredible amount of time on it. That's why even a small improvement in productivity can yield amazing long-term results.
In this one-day class, we will primarily focus on Outlook mail and calendar. You will be introduced to features, functions and the best practices for managing email and schedules.
No experience necessary. We'll start from scratch and quickly move to the next level.
Join this class to learn Microsoft Outlook, to discover it's true power, and to improve your everyday productivity.
This a sample of what you'll be learning during this class:
- Set up Outlook for maximum productivity.
- Use email options in your communications.
- Efficiently organize email into folders.
- Use categories and flags to effectively manage Outlook items.
- Dramatically speed up routine and repetitive tasks with Quick Steps.
- Set parts of your workflow on autopilot with Outlook Rules.
- Use conditional formatting to make sure you never miss an important email ever again.
- Take advantage of custom views to focus on what's important.
- Use search folders to instantly find what you want without running another search.
- Schedule and manage calendar appointments, meetings and events.
- Efficiently manage multiple calendars.
- How you can share your calendar with other team members.
- Import calendars from other programs, including from the Web.
- Delegate Outlook account access to others so they can access and manage your email and calendars and how to set limits to what they can do.
- Some important differences between Outlook Windows client, Outlook Mac OSX and Outlook online.
- Productivity shortcuts, tips and tricks.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.