Note: This class will be held in Cardinal Hall at the new Redwood City Campus! Lunch will be provided.
This experiential training offers a learning experience on how to create a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion for teams. This highly interactive session will be conducted by the internationally recognized Eagle's Flight facilitators.
Pursuing diversity and inclusion are a critical goal for peak performing teams and organizations. Diverse and inclusive teams have a significant competitive edge. They are able to bridge the talent gap, they promote creativity and innovation and they have increased flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly changing environment.
Participants will engage in activities that will focus on building the skills required for:
- Creating a welcoming environment for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Building a practical diversity, equity & inclusion Models
- Strategies & skills that promote understanding, sharing and communicating differing perspectives
- Transforming fear-based communication to needs-based communication
- Breaking down barriers and getting to understand and know different people
- Discovering and addressing the dangers of unconscious bias
- Exploring various approaches to ensure that all team members feel included
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.