Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Creating a brochure from a blank document can be daunting, but this course will help you strategize, organize the content, and layout your brochure with beautiful visual appeal.
In this session, you will have the opportunity to learn about grid layout techniques, and how to build the brochure from start to finish. You will discover Adobe InDesign basic and intermediate skills through exercises and demonstrations, and then build the brochure in the program, applying this new knowledge. We will also discuss design elements and principles to apply for the best results, along with some basic typography applications.
During this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Discover basic to intermediate Adobe InDesign skills
- Work on a brochure from concept to completion, and will learn the best workflow for this process
- Develop an understanding of the grid system for layout
- Create basic layout techniques and skills, including typography fundamentals
- Discover best practices to understand design elements and principles
- Best ways for file management and the process for printing.
- Adobe InDesign basic and intermediate capabilities
- Brochure design options
- Design elements and principles
- Grid system
- Basic typography
- Software terminology
- Brochure creation workflow
- An installation of Adobe InDesign CC 2022, or a free trial license
- Paper and pencil for sketching
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.