Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This class is your launching pad to finally get started with WordPress - the most popular content-management system in the World. Enroll now to learn from the ground up how to install, setup and begin to use this amazingly-powerful website-engine system.
If you need (or want) to quickly create and manage a website or a blog, this class is definitely for you. Enroll now and discover WordPress, the most popular content-management system in the World - a powerful engine that drives over 25% of all websites.
It's equally super-popular among major universities, news organizations, governments, multinational corporations, and individuals like yourself.
Because you can use it to create any website: from your personal blog or small side-business to your department's information page. And you can do it fast, even if you are a complete rookie.
The crazy part, the software is free. You can just take it and use it immediately - if you choose. And it's amazingly easy to get started with and to learn quickly - almost overnight.
In fact, this class will serve as your launching pad, where you'll learn WordPress step by step quickly - from the ground up. So you are finally ready to take it and use it for your benefit.
In this one-day session will learn how to:
- Easily understand what WordPress is, what it does, and how it works.
- Quickly install your WordPress site on the Stanford system. So you can be up and running in no time.
- Access your WordPress site to begin working on it immediately.
- Become comfortable with the WordPress admin panel and the toolbar.
- Correctly configure the most important settings for your brand-new website.
- Create pages and posts to publish your awesome content.
- Understand user roles and permissions in WordPress and what you can do with them.
- Benefit from WordPress categories and tags and understand the difference between them.
- Take advantage of the WordPress themes to customize the appearance of your website.
- Take advantage of plugins to expand the functionality and to secure your site.
- Understand certain limitations when using WordPress on Stanford's system.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.