Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes through the Spring Quarter will be held online.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
The AWS (Amazon Web Services) for Beginners course provides an opportunity to understand the rise and motivation behind the success of Cloud Computing. It will help you get started with the background and introduction of the history of Cloud Computing.
In this course you will get an introduction to various Service model on Cloud as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. It would provide the comparison of popular cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud computing. Finally, you will be learning the AWS fundamentals and architecture. You will perform exercise on various AWS services like Storage, Compute, IAM, Security, VPC, Databases etc. using Amazon Web Service (AWS).
During this class, you will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the History and background of Cloud Computing.
- Understand the advantages of cloud offerings compared to on-premise.
- Understand the various Service models on Cloud as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Provide a comparison of popular cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud computing.
- A brief overview of major services on AWS
- Understand the various Services in AWS like Storage, IAM, Compute, Data, Networking (VPC) and Database services
- Understand security implications on AWS
- Course Introduction
- History and background of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Use cases and patterns
- Service Models on Cloud
- Comparison of Cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud computing
- Understand various Services on Cloud
- Explain the key characteristics of Cloud like On-demand service, horizontal scalability, pay as you go, etc.
- Hands-on exercise 1: Create S3 storage service
- Hands-on exercise 2: Create EC2 instance on AWS
- Hands-on exercise 3: Create IAM Security setup on AWS
- Hands-on exercise 4: Creating Virtual Private Cloud
- Hands-on exercise 5: Relational Database service on AWS
- References and Next steps
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.