University IT maintains a site license for Smartsheet, the popular online project management/collaboration tool.
Stanford community members with a full service SUNet ID may purchase a license to access the centralized Stanford Smartsheet instance for an annual fee, payable via a departmental account (PTA).
Those who currently have personal individual licenses for Smartsheet are invited to switch to the Stanford site license to take advantage of the benefits of the centralized offering.
Who Needs a Smartsheet License?
A Smartsheet license is required to create new Sheets and run reports, modify Sheet structures (add/move/delete/reformat columns), manage resources, and create/modify web forms. It is not necessary to purchase licenses for individuals who will be collaborators (i.e., those who need only to view sheets and update rows). A Sheet owner may share a sheet with any individual who needs to collaborate as a viewer and updater--- no license required for the collaborator.
NOTE: When sharing a sheet with a colleague, be sure to use the SUNetID@stanford.edu form of the person's email address to ensure a smooth login experience.
Stanford Smartsheet vs. Individual Purchase through Smartsheet.com
The Stanford Smartsheet offering provides benefits not available to those who purchase licenses directly from Smartsheet, including:
- Unlimited sheets and unlimited file storage.
- The Sights dashboarding feature
- Activity Log tracking tool
- Access to the Smartsheet Center of Excellence training portal
- Access to future premium features on Smartsheet’s current roadmap
- Prioritized end user support from Smartsheet.com via a dedicated email support address exclusive to Stanford users (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Personal workflow, training, or process assistance from a dedicated Customer Success Manager via a one-on-one coaching session. Request via HelpSU.
- Stanford-specific programs and training.
- Live data connector capability (connect live Smartsheet data to analytics tools such as Tableau or Excel)
$200 per license, renewed annually on November 1 (regardless of initial purchase date). Initial purchases are pro-rated based on the November 1 date. Users must provide a departmental PTA to be billed for the license. The license will be renewed automatically each year and the PTA charged for the renewal unless the department cancels with University IT prior to November 1. No refunds are provided for licenses cancelled mid-year. Order a Stanford Smartsheet license.
Complete the license order form to get access to Smartsheet.
Submit a HelpSU ticket if you have questions about setting up a Smartsheet account or switching from an individually purchased account to the centralized Stanford Smartsheet. Information about how to use the tool may be found in the “Help” section within the application and via the Smartsheet website.