Smartsheet Approved for PHI and Other High Risk Data
Many in the Stanford community are using Smartsheet to improve collaboration and coordination, automate repetitive tasks, and streamline processes such as onboarding and order management. If your team needs a project and/or task management tool that supports High Risk Data, Smartsheet may be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Privacy, Security, and Regulatory Compliance
Before introducing regulated data into Smartsheet, consider the following:
- No other Smartsheet environments are approved for High Risk Data -- only the University IT Smartsheet platform is approved. Work exclusively in that environment.
- Review and apply Stanford’s Minimum Privacy Standards to all data and its use.
- For PHI, be sure your team is aware of their responsibility to maintain compliance with Stanford’s HIPAA policies and Smartsheet’s HIPAA Implementation Guide.
- Per Stanford’s Minimum Security Standards for applications, periodically review who can access sensitive information in Smartsheet.
- To think about the data you plan to store and how it will be used, review Stanford’s Data Risk Classifications and Minimum Privacy Standards.
- Before using Smartsheet with PHI, review and understand Stanford’s HIPAA policies.
- To purchase Smartsheet, go to the Stanford Software Licensing Web Store.
- If you have questions, submit a Help request.
For more information about the tool, visit the Stanford Smartsheet Resource Portal.