Billing, dates, and deadlines
Charges and credits for Residential Communication Services are reflected on a monthly University IT billing statement.
- Bill notification are sent each month on the 1st, or the next business day if the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday.
- Payment is due on the 23rd of each month.
An online billing and payment system, CASHNet, is available for you to make payments and view a statement reflecting the activity on your account from month to month (see below).
- View a sample statement (PNG)
Online billing and payment
You can pay your monthly bill and access your account statements online 24 hours a day, seven days a week using CASHNet, Stanford’s online billing and payment service at the following web address:
Access to CASHNet
As a residential communication services subscriber, your account ID (username) should be the primary contact email address that you gave to University IT when you signed up for phone, cable TV, and/or network service. A temporary password is provided in the initial communications sent to you when your services are confirmed and set up. When you log in for the first time, please change your password (under “Your Account”) to one that is personal to you and secure. Consider following Stanford’s guidelines for SUNet ID passwords.
Set up automatic payments with CASHNet (recommended)
You can set up automatic/recurring payments at any time.
- Log in to CASHNet
- Look for the section-box labeled Auto Paymnents.
To set up a monthly automatic balance due payment that occurs only if you do have a balance due, click AUTOMATIC BALANCE PAYMENT.
As an alternative, if you want to limit/control the amount of your recurring monthly payment click CHOOSE AN AUTO PAYMENT AMOUNT. (Note that this amount will be charged to your bank account or credit card each month, whether you have a balance due or not.)
- Follow the prompts to set up and comfirm your choices and payment method.
Make one-time payments with CASHNet
You can make a one-time payment each month when you have a balance due.
- Log in to CASHNet
- If you have not already set up a payment method (bank account or credit card), look for the section-box labeled Bank Accounts and click on New.
- Follow the prompts to set up your payment method.
- Return to your main account screen and look for the section-box labeled Your Account below your name and account number. This is where your balance due is displayed.
- To pay your balance due amount, click Pay.
- On the next screen, confirm that the amount shown in the box is the amount you want to pay and then click the Checkout button.
- Follow the remaining promts to confirm your method of payment and finish the checkout process.
Authorize others to pay with CASHNet
You can give “Authorized Payers” access your CASHNet account to make payments on your behalf. Authorized Payers can make payments for you and view the payment and billing history for your account, but they cannot edit their own Authorized Payer account or set up other authorized payers.
When you move out of your residence, you will receive a refund for any period for which you have already paid.
How to contact the Service Desk
For billing or service questions, contact University IT Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm at 650-725-4357 (select option 3) or submit HelpSU Request to the Service Desk.