Google Fiber internet and cable services to end
Stanford University IT is offering internet-only service to residents in the communities currently served by Google Fiber. Residents have the option to purchase Stanford-provided high-speed, 1-gigabit internet service at the existing rates.
- Work with local providers, such as Comcast and AT&T, to purchase a traditional TV or cable package.
- Subscribe to a live TV streaming service. A streaming service functions similar to traditional TV but delivers content (movies, TV shows, sports, local news) using the internet.
To order Stanford internet service to replace your current Google service, please complete the New Faculty Residential Service Request or use the "Add new internet service" button on this page. UIT will email additional details to residents.
Note: The residential gateway supplied by UIT provides internet service up to 1 Gbps through a wired Ethernet connection. This service does not allow you to host servers on your home network (i.e., no inbound connections initiated from the internet). Provided wifi service allows for a maximum of 16 concurrent connections.
Be sure to request a SERVICE DISCONNECT using the “Cancel existing internet service” button on this page when you move out of your residence or if you no longer need service. If you do not request the disconnection of services, you will be responsible for any accrued balance due.
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions.
- For billing and other service questions, contact University IT at (650) 725-HELP (select option 4), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. or submit a Help request.
- After hours and holiday trouble calls are answered around the clock. System-wide problems (problems simultaneously affecting several customers) are immediately dispatched to on-call repair technicians; individual user problems are handled remotely whenever possible. When a technician visit to a residence is required, appointments are typically made for the next business day.