There are two options for making coverage changes: online and via phone call.
Online coverage changes
This method of updating paging works best when only one or a few people are making coverage changes.
- If you already know the alphanumeric password for the messaging ID, go to step 2.
If you do not know the alphanumeric password for the messaging ID, go to the My Pager website at mypager.stanford.edu to set or reset the alphanumeric password for the messaging ID. You must have a device that can receive the confirmation PIN, which will be sent to the messaging ID in order to set or reset a password. If you don’t have the device in hand, call the UIT Service Desk at 650-725-4357and select Paging Services.
- Go to the Smart Page web site smartpage.stanford.edu.
- Click the Smart Page and On-call button.
- Click the My Messages & Settings tab and then click the Coverage & Status tab.
- Log in with your messaging ID and password.
- In the Exception Update section, select Add New Exception or Future Exceptions (Edit/Delete) and select Coverage.
The system supports multiple exceptions/coverages scheduled into the future, which can be very useful, if needed.
Coverage changes via phone call
Call 288 (or 650-723-7288) to request the coverage change.