Working in conjunction with Stanford users and the Stanford Data Visualization Community of Practice, Technology Training is pleased to offer a new series of Tableau Desktop training courses designed to help you leverage the full power of Tableau Desktop against use cases relevant to Stanford. This is the first course in the series.
Prerequisites: Very basic knowledge of data, analysis and visualization
This class is designed for first-time Tableau user as well as those who have some familiarities with the web interface. It teaches simple concepts of Data connection, Tableau terminology, Creating simple visuals, Filtering, Hierarchy, Date features, Labels, and Formats.
At the end of this course, you will acquire valuable knowledge of data connectivity, data manipulation, field properties, creating visualizations to represent data in an effective manner, and sharing with end users with some interactive features.
1. Data Connection and Terminology
2. Sorting and Simplifying Data
3. Save workbook for future use and sharing.
4. Hierarchy and drill down features
5. Date Parts and Time Series
6. Statistical correlation between Numbers
7. Breakdowns of Whole
8. Highlight Tables, Heat Maps and Labels with Formats