Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn how to use popular social media venues like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to grow a following and get your message out. Master the psychology of posting, sharing, and creating viral content.
During this course you will have the opportunity to learn:
- How to develop a workable strategy for posting different kinds of content on the different social media platforms
- Which audiences use which social media venues
- How to identify which venues are best for customer service, branding, business networking, customer relationship-building, and more
- A review of automation tools like Hootsuite so you can save time by posting across multiple platforms at once
- Who should you target on social media? Creating an audience persona and then selecting the best platforms to focus your time on
- Facebook posting best practices -- what content gets the most engagement? How does Facebook's algorithm work?
- Twitter posting best practices -- what voice should you use on Twitter? What makes people retweet? What's the best way to get impressions and followers?
- LinkedIn and Instagram posting best practices -- how to maximize engagement and understanding each platform's algorithm
- How to use social media engagement and analytics to listen and learn from your audience
- How to search optimize a blog post (Search Engine Optimization), and use it as a landing page to achieve your marketing goals
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.