Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn how to use popular social media venues like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter to grow a following and get your message out. Master the psychology of posting, sharing and creating viral content.
By the end of the course, you will be able to develop a workable strategy for posting different kinds of content on the different social media platforms. You will learn which audiences use which social media venues. You will identify which venues are best for customer service, branding, business networking, customer relationship-building and more.
Topics covered include:
- Facebook - setting up a Facebook business page, building, how to advertise on Facebook and leveraging Facebook relationships for business.
- LinkedIn - setting up LinkedIn, advertising in LinkedIn, how to create a job and encouraging employee / customer relationships via LinkedIn.
- Local Search - optimizing Google Places (Google Local) for maximum visibility. Working with reviews and reviewers.
- Blogs - setting up a good blog, using your Blog for SEO as well as customer outreach.
- YouTube - setting up your YouTube account, uploading videos, and optimizing those videos for Google visibility.
- Other Social Media Sites - lesser sites like Instagram, SnapChat, Pinterest and more.
- Social Media goals vs. your marketing goals.
- Using Social Media not just to talk but to listen (and learn) from your customers.
- Leveraging Social Media as the Internet's word-of-mouth system.
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.