PCAP - Certified Associate in Python Programming
Learning Python is an exciting journey. Once you have completed Python I, or another introductory course, you will quickly discover that the more familiar you become with Python, the more you will enjoy applying it and the more you will want to learn about its more advanced features.
This workshop is designed to take beginners to the next level beyond the basics, to help them gain more confidence in their Python programming skills, become more proficient in Python and also prepare for the PCAP certification should they decide to pursue it.
The workshop will cover: modules, packages, and PIP, character encoding, strings and string processing, generators, iterators, closures, files, file streams, file processing, exception hierarchies, and exception classes and objects, and working with selected Standard Library modules.
In addition, it also explores and discusses the fundamentals of the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) approach.
Upon completion of Python II in-class projects, all learners will receive Stanford Technology Training’s “Python Noble Digital Badge”. (No Exam is Required to receive the Python Noble Digital Badge)
The Exam is only required if you wish to obtain the PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming certification, administered by the Python Institute. The exam is 65 minutes long and costs $295. The exam has 40 single and multiple choice questions.
This workshop will help program participants to become prepared for the PCAP exam.
Note: All program participants will be provided a voucher for the Python Institute's PCAP Exam
The "Python Noble Badge" and the PCAP certification are credentials that recognize achievement, highlight qualifications and demonstrate that an individual has acquired an understanding of the more advanced aspects of Python programming.
Workshop includes six 3-hour sessions, held twice per week for three weeks.
- Beginners will build a more solid foundation and enhance their Python skills in specialized areas , such as testing, data analytics, machine learning, the Internet of Things and web development.
- Develop programming skills that will help you to automate job-related tasks and workflow.
- Gain a solid knowledge of Python and skills that you can apply in a multitude of jobs and a wide range of professions.
- Perform intermediate-level coding tasks in the Python language, including the ability to design, develop, debug, execute, and refactor multi-module Python programs
- Discover how to analyze and model real-life problems in OOP categories with the use of the fundamental notions and techniques available in the object-oriented approach.
- Earn Technology Training’s Python Noble Badge
- Become prepared to take the Python Institute’s PCAP Certification Exam
- Highlight your skills as a Python programmer