Learn how to code in Python, one of the most popular programming languages today. This class covers the fundamentals of developing scripts to automate routine work and scale large-load work.
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of common coding skills in Python, and acquire knowledge of its data structures, modules, functions, input/output, exceptions, and the basics of the object-oriented methodologies. This course covers how to develop, test, debug, and improve your coding skills in Python.
Session 1 (3 hours):
1. Variables and strings manipulations
2. Lists, Sets, Dictionaries, and Tuples
3. Sorting functions
4. If statements, for and while loops
Session 2 (3 hours):
1. Opening, reading, and writing files
2. Functions and modules
3. Functions with variable number of arguments
4. Exception handlings
5. Assertion and corner cases
Session 3 (3 hours):
1. Lambda function and List comprehension
2. The modules math, datetime, os, sys, and urllib
3. The regular expressions module (re) and use cases
Session 4 (3 hours):
1. Object Oriented Programming in Python
2. Magic methods, object Equality, and properties of an instance of a class
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.