Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course is designed for those who have foundational knowledge and skills in Smartsheet that want to get the most out of your project plans.
Smartsheets is a powerful tool for managing project team members, whether they be in the office or working remotely. Discover how you can create a collaborative working hub that facilitates communication among various team members, and learn effective techniques to keep your team current on the status of all project activities and tasks.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Implement automation to save time and increase efficiency
- Establish dependent relationships between tasks to keep project plans up to date
- Communicate key metrics to stakeholders
Creating the Base Project Sheet
- Create a new project file using Import, Template and Save as New options
- Transfer the Work Breakdown Structure to Smartsheet Hierarchies
- Add and configure columns for project use
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Transform the base sheet to a project sheet
- Adjust the Working and Non-Working days of the plan
- Create task relationships
- Adjust the task lag and lead time
Finalizing the Project Plan
- Use formulas to automate sheet activities
- Display the critical path to examine the plan
- Create a project baseline to track the project progress
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.