In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Get an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of DevOps and the patterns to develop, build, and deploy applications. Discover key concepts behind Virtual Machines, Containers, and Processes, along with a hands-on lab to help understand Docker Containers.
Audience: This course is designed for anyone interested to get started with the domain of DevOps including Data Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Release Engineers, Database Administrators, Infrastructure Engineers, Software Engineers, or System Administrators.
Pre-requisite: Basic understanding of Linux/Unix and some basic programming with Python
After this course, you will have had the opportunity to learn how to:
- Understand the steps involved in DevOps methodology
- Use Docker in your daily developer and/or sysadmin roles
- Deploy apps to Kubernetes
- Learn DevOps tools like Git. Docker, Jenkins
- Understand principal concepts and practices in DevOps methodology.
- Understand the concept of CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Principles of continuous software development, integration, and deployment
- Introduction to Tools (e.g. Git, Docker, Jenkins, ANSIBLE)
- Repositories, artifacts
- CI/CD pipeline
- Example: GitLab
- Use the practices on Cloud, Azure, GCP, AWS
- References and Next steps
Structured Activity/Exercises/Case Studies:
- More than 50% of the course is going to be hands-on
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.