Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, most Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course will introduce the science of developing insights and creating value out of social media data. Social media data comes from social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
This course will aim to expand your data analytics understanding with a new perspective with your ability to analyze the events around you. The same way a solid analysis on a bunch of numbers can help us toward a better decision making; a solid analysis on a bunch of words can be so helpful. Especially that social media is providing us with a huge amount of conversation to be analyzed and decoded.
During this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Consider the foundations of Social Media Analytics in a practical fashion
- Understand Text Mining from social media conversations and how that plays into data analytics.
- Draw connections to social media conversations and how insights can be applied in various contexts.
- What is Social Media Analytics?
- What is Text Mining?
- Collaborative exercise to encourage application
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.