This course introduces best practices to achieve successful project outcomes.
Topics include an overview of various methodologies, best practices, and understanding aspects of a project.
Prerequisites: Interest in project management practices. No formal course prerequisites are required.
Goal: To build learner knowledge, skills, and abilities in the project management area by introducing various methodologies, best practices and understanding to mitigate risks, align budgets and schedules, as well as increase teamwork, especially in remote work environments.
- To introduce learners to project management best practices to achieve successful outcomes when leading various projects.
- To identify common practices in project management to build confidence in leading projects.
- To understand introductory project management terminology to be better able to speak to the methodologies and practices of the field.
- Project management introduction
- Waterfall vs. Agile methodologies
- Project Process Groups
- Project Initiation and Planning
- Identifying Project Scope
- Developing Work Breakdown Structure
- Defining and Sequencing project activities
- Developing Project Schedule
- Creating Project Budget
- Planning Quality Management
- Managing Project Team
- Managing Project Resources
- Project Risk Management
- Planning Stakeholder Engagement
- Controlling Project Budget & Schedule
- Manage and Control Quality
- Plan and Acquire Resources
- Managing Project Work
- Project Closeout