Before each sesson, Tech Training will provide a Zoom link for live online classes, along with any required class materials.
In this InDesign introductory class, you will have the opportunity to learn best practices for laying out a visually-compelling design and abstract to effectively convey the subject matter in order to draw in the viewer's attention.
Prerequisites: No prior experience is necessary. Just bring your creative and open mind.
Best typography and design practices are an integral part of the class so the visual components of your abstract will be effective in conveying the subject matter and drawing in the viewer.
During this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to design and lay out an abstract
- Understand page layouts (headings, body text, footnotes, placing images and graphics)
- Apply best typographic practices with step-by-step instructions in InDesign to create your own design solution
- Explore the following design objectives
Design Concepts Covered
- Design process: research/brainstorming/sketching, comps, design
- Elements of Graphic Design: hierarchy, emphasis, rhythm, movement, contrast, color, balance, proportion/scale
- Typographic composition: size, scale, weights, placement
- Font selection: serif, sans-serif, subject, theme, emotion
- Working with images: image file preparation, placement
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop: step-by-step learning to create the designs
- Technical: file-preparation, printing, social media
Requirement: Computer with Adobe InDesign installed, or a free trial license