Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
Learn about the rise of Cloud Computing, along with an introduction to various service models on Cloud such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. The class provides a comparison of popular offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
In this course, you will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about the history and background of Cloud Computing.
- Discover Cloud Computing including examples of real-world problems
- Learn about the pricing models for Cloud Computing
- Understand the advantages of cloud offerings compared to on-premise.
- Understand the various Service models on Cloud as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Learn about popular cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud computing
- Understand the various Services in AWS like Storage, Infrastructure, Compute, Data etc.
- Set up an account on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understand the pricing models on AWS Cloud
- Understand security implications on AWS
- Perform hands-on activity on Storage S3 on AWS.
- Perform hands-on activity on Compute EC2 on AWS.
- Course Introduction
- History and background of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Use cases and patterns
- Service Models on Cloud
- Secret Sauce of Cloud Computing
- Comparison of Cloud offerings by Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud computing
- Understand various Services on Cloud
- Explain the key characteristics of Cloud like On-demand service, horizontal scalability, pay as you go etc.
- Understand pricing models on cloud
- Hands-on exercise 1: Set up an account on Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on exercise 2: Create S3 storage service
- Hands-on exercise 3: Create EC2 instance on AWS
- Hands-on exercise 4: Create IAM Security setup on AWS
- References and next steps
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, students and Stanford Hospitals & Clinics employees. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.