Learn the basics of Google's spreadsheet application and see how it implements equivalent Excel features and offers more by virtue of being hosted in the cloud.
This hands-on class covers how to set up Google spreadsheets ("sheets") and use basic features such as:
- navigate menus
- format cells
- manipulate rows/columns
- sort & filter
- create formulas
- use functions and create charts
By the end of the course, you will be able to create, as shared Google sheets, documents such as budgets, sales charts, profit and loss statements, all with formulas, totals, and accompanying charts.
Topics covered include:
- Getting Started with Google Sheets
- Modifying Columns, Rows and Cells
- Formatting Cells
- Working with Multiple Sheets
- Creating Simple Formulas
- Types of Cell References
- Working with Functions
- Sorting and Filtering Data
- Understanding Number Formats
- Importing MS Excel sheets into Google Sheets
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.