Effective immediately in response to COVID-19, all Technology Training classes will be delivered online until further notice.
In advance of each session, Tech Training will provide you with a Zoom link to your class, along with any required class materials.
This course is an introduction to the basics of Google Cloud Platform, including how it's designed and the various services available. We will discuss each service in GCP and how it connects to other platforms.
We will get started with GCP using Cloud Launcher, along with a focus on Compute, Storage, and Networking. We will then cover Big Data and IoT before delving into how GCP provides for Machine Learning and AI in the cloud.
Topics covered in this class include:
- Understand the basics of GCP
- Identify the 4 main services: Compute, Storage, Big Data and Machine Learning
- Understand what's unique about Google's approach
- Setup a GCP project using Cloud Launcher
- Understand Compute Engine and how you can run a virtual machine in the cloud
- Understand how GCP enables various ways to store data in the cloud
- Understand how to develop and deploy applications in GCP
- Understand the various Big Data offerings in GCP
- Understand the Machine Learning and AI services offered by GCP and their usefulness
- Course Introduction
- Overview of GCP
- GCP design and structure
- Milestone 1: Get started with Cloud Launcher
- GCP Services
- Compute Engine
- Storage in the Cloud
- App Engine
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Milestone 2: Machine Learning and AI in the cloud
- Next steps
University IT Technology Training classes are only available to Stanford University staff, faculty, or students. A valid SUNet ID is needed in order to enroll in a class.